UEFA Champions League Football Records
- Italy has the best UEFA Champions League record with Italian clubs Inter Milan, A.C. Milan and Juventus picking up 11 titles amongst themselves. Although Spanish clubs have cumulatively won the same number of titles, Italian clubs have made more finals appearances with Italian sides contesting 25 of the UEFA Champions League finals.
- Real Madrid is the most successful team in UEFA Champions League history with nine UEFA Champions League titles. The Spanish side has appeared in 12 UEFA Champions League finals as of 2007, reaching the semi-finals 21 times.
- Stade Rennais de Champagne and Valencia share the record for the most finals appearances without a win. Both clubs have appeared in two finals without taking the cup.
- Real Madrid holds the UEFA Champions League record for the most consecutive titles, claiming 5 all five titles between 1955 and 1960.
- Real Madrid also holds the record for the most consecutive participations in the UEFA Champions League, participating in 15 UEFA Champions League tournaments from 1955 to 1970.
- Only 3 clubs have won the UEFA Champions League fielding local players – Celtic (1967), Real Madrid (1966) and FC Steaua Bucure?ti (1986).
- Real Madrid’s Raúl holds the goal record for the UEFA Champions League with 58 goals scored in 114 games.
- Spaniard Francisco Gento has lifted the UEFA Champions League trophy more often than any other player, winning the tournament six times.
- Italian Paolo Maldini holds the UEFA Champions League record for most Champions League appearances with 116 games played for his club AC Milan. Maldini is also the oldest player to have scored in a UEFA Champions League final.
- Dutchman Clarence Seedorf has won the Champions League four times playing for a record three different clubs – Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan.
- The fastest UEFA Champions League goal was scored 10.2 seconds after kick-off by Bayern Munich’s Roy Makaay against Real Madrid in 2007.
- Dinamo Bucuresti hold the Champions League record for the most goals in a game scoring 11 unanswered goals against Northern Ireland side Crusders.
- The UEFA Champions League record for the fastest hat-trick goes to Blackburn Rovers Mike Newell who scored three goals in nine minutes against Rosenborg in the 1995/1996 UEFA Champions League game.
- For more interesting UEFA Champions League football facts and figures visit the Champions League Trivia page on this site.